Old Yeller  

Posted by xerxes333

It’s funny, I heard the Coldplay song “Yellow” today. I have not listened to the song since the very first time I heard it years ago in college. Yes, that’s right I have only heard the song twice now. I specifically never listened to the song since that time.

I can recall exactly when and where I heard it the song. I was up all night working on a project for one of my computer classes. I can recall the exact program I was writing too! I had the TV on to make sure I stayed awake (I can’t seem to fall asleep if a TV is on, weird I know) and it was on MTV and “Yellow” came on.

With all the crap that was happening in my life at the time coupled with stress from school and life in general, I sat down in complete awe and simply soaked in the song. Then I sat and watched the sun come up until I couldn’t look at it any longer.

I don’t think there is any special meaning or some sort of profoundness associated with the song, I just think it’s amazing how hearing the song can bring back all those memories.

0 comments

Post a Comment